Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I completly reinstall my laptop two years ago (Win 10). The new instalation does not include any HP application. However, the startup protection is stil enable. I would like to disable it, so I have installed HP security manager tools. Unfortunately, there is no option how to disaple the starup protection within the app (Fig 01).

I would like to ask you, if there is any chnge how to disable this protection (see Fig 02 and 03)?

Ales

Fig 01Fig 01Fig 02Fig 02Fig 03Fig 03

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally fixed it. I downloaded the current version of HP Client Security Manager. I have disabled pre-boot security in "Security Features".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I can't see the pictures as i think a Mod has to approve them but are you talking about secure boot?

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

When I turn on my laptop, firstly I have to insert pasword (fig 02, 03; HP security login screen) and than I have to insert pasword again (common Windows startup login screen). I would like to disable the HP secrutity login screen but I don not know how. Do you have any suggestion?

HP Recommended

almost sounds like you are talking about a BIOS Start up Password.  But i still can't tell as a mod has not approved the images.

HP Recommended

I asked a mod to approve the images and i am not able to see the images.  This is Hp Drive Encryption.  Look through this link to see if it helps on removing the HP Drive Encryption.  

HP Recommended

I finally fixed it. I downloaded the current version of HP Client Security Manager. I have disabled pre-boot security in "Security Features".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.