Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Do you know when does 11 still requires TPM 2.0 it’s at my computer didn’t support it but I did some research and found out that my hardware did support it but it cannot be enabled from the bios for some reason will HP make a patch or is there another way to enable it? Because if they don’t make a patch now I don’t know if this could be sent to HP to request a patch to support windows 11

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook's motherboard does not have a TPM.

It's a hardware thing, not a software thing.

You should be able to join the Windows Insider program, and install the developer version of W11, but once it comes out to the public late this year, you will have to reinstall W10 because your PC won't be supported for W11 for more reasons than just the TPM not being there.

I installed W11 on a PC that does not meet the requirements.

I made an image of the current W10 installation, and will restore it after Microsoft releases it to the public.

My personal view so far...W11 is nice, but it made my PC run a bit slower than it did on W10 for some reason.

That is just a subjective observation though.

All the drivers were installed automatically, and everything seems to be working correctly.

HP Recommended

Ok I know that there is no tpm 2.0 on the borad but I thought my AMD A8 6410 APU had ftpm built in i have  that info on a Microsoft forum on the wayback machine here https://web.archive.org/web/20161201105045/Technet.Microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/tpm... I was just curious because my apu is in the Beema lineup

HP Recommended

The TPM is a separate hardware device...not part of the processor, and the only AMD processors currently supported on W11 are the Ryzens...

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors | Microsoft Docs

Microsoft may supposedly reduce the processor requirements after further testing is done, but not all the way back to an  A8- 6410.

Microsoft May Drop Windows 11 CPU Requirements to Intel 6th Gen Skylake Processors | Hardware Times

HP Recommended

Then what is the different from TPM and fTPM? Because I’ve done some research an I think fTPM is not It’s separate chip I think it’s part of the bios or some processors but TPM is separate but I think fTPM is not what’s the differents?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I would have no idea.

I suggest you google it.

All I can find was this...

trust - What really is the difference between firmware TPM and a discreet one and should it be trust...

HP Recommended

I’m just curious can you check the link that I sent you a while ago about the FTPM support for some AMD processors from the way back machine link? https://web.archive.org/web/20161201105045/Technet.Microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/tpm...

HP Recommended

I read it and I still don't really understand what the difference is.

If I had to guess, the fTPM on AMD based notebooks has something to do with the AMD PSP device.

If your notebook has the AMD PSP device, it would be listed under a Security Device category in the device manager like the actual TPM chip would.

My AMD notebook with a Ryzen 5 4500U processor has both devices listed under that category.

An AMD PSP device, as well as a TPM 2.0 device.

HP Recommended

So there’s a chance that HP might update it to support the FTPM I think Microsoft made it so it could be on the CPU or the bios so you don’t need a separate chip so maybe it will work if HP make the update I hope up gets the messenger plz if he dosnt update the bios I will be sad 😞 how do I get hp’s attention to recommend to make the update my APU has PSP because it’s one of the optional updates for my drivers when I run the AMD updater

HP Recommended

It just doesn’t read TPM device because it’s not enabled because HP never made an update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.