Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Looks to me like you have two different subnets going. The gateway is 192.168.2.1 and the JetDirect is 192.168.1.45. 

So my guess is you have two separate networks going on and it would be good to start from scratch rather than trying to work around what appears to be years of accumulated workarounds. 

This is the kind of thing where if I came to your house I could have it all working in like 30 minutes but trying to direct you to do it and cover all the possibilities in a Forum thread is a bit of a chore. Not really sure how to proceed. I am not an HP employee and do not get paid for this.

HP Recommended

You're the best, Huffer. (Thank goodness for Skype.....AND your expert assistance!)

Your solution to ignore that Gateway subnet and use the JetDirect to "Connect printer using TCP/IP address" worked like a charm.

Every PC in the house is "happy as a clam" and printing directly to the HP 4000

If I can just figure out how to manage "Tray selection" now, (so we don't have to run downstairs to put either scrap, new or legal size in Tray 3, (which seems to be the default,  all will be right with the universe.

Michael,
St. Catharines, ON, CANADA
HP Recommended

Michael glad it worked for you and you might want to accept as solution so others with the same issue can find it easier. Happy printing. 

HP Recommended

Call me crazy.......I don't see any "obvious"....i.e. intuitive/user-friendly clue to how to "accept as solution". 

Is there a BUTTON somewhere that I'm just not seeing?

Michael,
St. Catharines, ON, CANADA
HP Recommended

You can't; sorry. Not your thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.