Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au018wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I bought this refurbished HP Pavilion two weeks ago, and I'm constantly being hounded by the HP Smart Adapter pop-up every time I plug the charger into my computer. It tells me that it will power my computer at a reduced performance level. Never mind that this is the charger that came with the computer, which infuriates me in itself, but I can't stand these pop ups every time I plug in.

I have already combed the HP support forums for answers, all which prompt me to A) buy a better charger (ridiculous) or B) delete files from a folder called "HP Quick Launch" which I do not have. 

Screenshot (2).png

Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Check Task Scheduler for any HP tasks.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I would have to agree that the HP SmartAdapter notification is quite annoying and destroyed some first-time buyers' experience when the notification popped up using the included power assembly.

Try this:

1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
  2. Navigate to the Startup tab
  3. Find and expand HP Message Service
  4. Right-click HP SmartAdapter and select Open file location
  5. Delete the application that is highlighted

-Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hello.I had the same problem , annoying pop up (hp smart adapter, bla bla bla).You saved my life!!! Easy peasy.,.task manager-right click on hp launch-found location.......Delete and the **bleep**'s gone....Thank you very much

HP Recommended

How do I remove this continual annoying popup on a MAC?

HP Recommended

Sorry, why do you have software meant for an HP PC on a Mac, may I know?

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem, but the fix isn't just to eliminate the process the notification means that you are using the wrong charger. Either the seller sent you the wrong charger or you have 2 HP laptops with same connector pins. if you do have 2 HP laptops with the same connector pins just plug in the other charger into your current laptop and it should fix the notification. Else contact the seller. Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

The fix is for those that encounter the issue despite using the proper charger.

- Eddy

HP Recommended

It has gotten to the point where I cannot delete the application because it is a designation on whether or not my computer will la from time to time. 
Please help. I don't want to keep having to restart my computer 10 times just to have this problem come back when my computer goes into sleep mode. 

HP Recommended

Hi

I tried this setting - but the message still pops up and am unable to work.

Regards,

Nuzhath

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.