Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DU1014TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to manually uninstall the Realtek audio driver for windows 10 2004 hp laptop. Please instruct me step by step.

I'm new to HP laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David-91 

You're confusing terms.  C:\ is the root folder -- the one you claimed HP installed drivers to.  C:\SWSetup is NOT the root folder and besides. HP does not install drivers to that folder, instead, it copies the driver installation packs to that folder. It saves the installation packs there because that is a common location for HP to use.

C:\Program Files is more generally used to hold various components of the applications, most often the .exe files.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@David-91 

Do the following:

1) Enter Control Panel in the search area and select it

2) Select Device Manager

3) Scroll down through the list until you see Sound, video and game controllers

4) Select the Realtek High Definition Audio, right-click on it, and select Uninstall Device

5) Reboot your PC

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply,

I followed all the steps. But unfortunately once I restart the laptop the driver automatically install the old driver version again. What to do to fully uninstall from the laptop. 

Actually hp drivers are very very difficult not like dell and Asus drivers.  Even we can't easily uninstall the drivers. Even we don't receive the driver succesfully install message also once the installation process completed.

hp release drivers for windows very delay and some drivers aren't compatabile with current version of Windows. Even installation part doesn't have the proper installation path , all the drivers are just install C: folder not in c : program folder.

hp damage their name through drivers issue. my campus friends are struggling to use hp laptop. 

HP Recommended

@David-91 

HP does NOT install their drivers in C: root folder.  If that is what you are saying, you are mistaken.

I upgrade my Realtek drivers all the time by simply downloading new drivers from the Internet.  Then I used Control Panel, Device Manager to select the HD Audio driver and use that to upgrade the driver.

I don't see why you should be having an issue with this.

HP Recommended

So what is "C:SWsetup" folder ?  Why hp use that folder to automatically save the install driver files?  

Normally all the driver files folders are save in 'C:Program Files" or "C:Program files (86). 

Why hp driver files save in "C:SWsetup" ?

What are the other ways to uninstall the drivers in hp laptop. 

usually we use " Control panel - programs and features OR  Windows settings - apps and features option " to uninstall drivers for all other laptop brands (Ex: Dell and Asus). but hp laptop we didn't found these options to uninstall the drivers.  It's very difficult to uninstall and install the drivers through "Device Manager" . Because once we uninstall the drivers through Device manager and restart the pc, then automatically previous drivers are install to that device. Can't install fresh installation for device drivers. 

Can you guide me how to permanently uninstall the previous driver files from HP laptop and install the fresh drivers for the specific device.

HP Recommended

@David-91 

You're confusing terms.  C:\ is the root folder -- the one you claimed HP installed drivers to.  C:\SWSetup is NOT the root folder and besides. HP does not install drivers to that folder, instead, it copies the driver installation packs to that folder. It saves the installation packs there because that is a common location for HP to use.

C:\Program Files is more generally used to hold various components of the applications, most often the .exe files.

HP Recommended

1. What are the other ways to uninstall the drivers in hp laptop

usually we use " Control panel - programs and features OR  Windows settings - apps and features option " to uninstall drivers for all other laptop brands (Ex: Dell and Asus). but hp laptop we didn't found these options to uninstall the drivers.  It's very difficult to uninstall and install the drivers through "Device Manager" . Because once we uninstall the drivers through Device manager and restart the pc, then automatically previous drivers are install to that device. Can't install fresh installation for device drivers. 

Can you guide me how to permanently uninstall the previous driver files from HP laptop and install the fresh drivers for the specific device.

2. So where is the HP driver files are saved instead of " C:SWsetup " folder ?. Please mention the location.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.