Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The latest HP Support Assistant just recently arrived on my laptop and I have it installed and integrated into my taskbar. However, the old HP Support Assistant is still present in the taskbar and its application is right next to the new Assistant's application in the taskbar. How do I remove the old application of the Support Assistant? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Already solved it by right-clicking on the taskbar, then clicking on toolbars, and then unchecking the application. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@VaiPin7 

What steps have you tried so far?

There is no value in our duplicating (suggesting) what you have already done...

=================================================================================

For those reading:

At this writing, there are two distinct types of HP Support Assistant.

The "software" type (any 8.x version) is installed in Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

The "Companion" software to HPSA is HP Support Solutions - also installs into Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

The software types of both of these programs might (also) show up in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

The "application" type (any 9.x version) is only installed into Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

=================================================================================

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Already solved it by right-clicking on the taskbar, then clicking on toolbars, and then unchecking the application. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.