Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 360 - 14-ba104na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently purchased the Pavilion 360, and it is driving me slightly insane.

Personsally, I don't understand why any laptop manufacturer would enable 'tap to select' as I am aware that many people find it irratating (unknowingly selecting files in explorer, and dragging them into folders while moving the mouse, etc).  It is the first thing I turn off when  I get a new laptop/reinstall.

I have done so in the Elan driver (18.2..23.3_X64_WHQL), but I am still selecting things while simply moving the mouse.  I think this is moreso, when using two fingers to scroll.  Of course, when you scroll down several pages, you have to lift your fingers, and replace them.  I think it may be this action that cause the problem.

eg open Window Edge, view Gmail, search 'From', select all, and scroll down a number of pages (using method above).  It often selects one of the list, and loses the select all.

NOTE: I have confirmed Tap to Select is not operating, by actively tapping on one of the selection boxes.  This does not select an item (as expected).

This behaviour is also noted in Outlook, and other web pages.

Perhaps it is web related, or even Edge, but that is mostly what I use.

If anybody can help, I would appreciate it, as it may save my sanity ...and perhaps this laptop from hitting the wall.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@chrizk,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
  2. Open the mouse menu
  3. Open your touchpad driver

The Sensitivity options allow you to adjust the responsiveness of the touchpad to the pressure of your touch. Click to highlight Sensitivity.

Sensitivity on the properties page

Clicking the Settings icon  opens a window that allows you to control how much finger pressure must be applied before the TouchPad responds.

Sensitivity settings window

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648748

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I didn't reply.  Perhaps the sensitivity may have helped, but I ended up with a much bigger problem.  At some point, it appears the Elan driver was updated, resulting in the settings tab being removed from Properties.  It also re-enabled tap, and has been driving me crazy for some weeks/months.  I have finally found a post which enlightened me.  The tab has been removed, and there is now an App 'Elan Touchpad Settings'.  I have finally (re)disabled tap, and I appear to no longer have the problem with the random selection (perhaps indicating a problem with the driver I was using before).

NB My current driver is Elan ClickPad version is 21.2.17.121/08/2018

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.