Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

I have upgraded to Windows 11. The "HP Hotkey UWP Service" is at times consuming a lot of CPU time - I can hear the fan cycling up and down.

I found an archived article about an update for the service, but it didn't help. I disabled the service, but something is still starting it. How can I just delete it altogether? It does not appear in the list of installed software to uninstall it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I scanned through 7 pages of all kinds of HP customers trying to solve a known issue that severely impacts the performance of their HP computers.  I have concluded that this community board is not monitored by HP, and it is only maintained for their enjoyment, much like watching folks in an escape room.  Bad Driver. Fix it, or give us the ability to delete a service which seems not to do much of anything.  Need to find a new PC brand. Suggestions?  ( I can ask that because HP is clueless)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.