Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, 

Basically, I want to be able to use my keyboard and mouse at the same time for gaming and the like. I've looked at every solution so far and can't find the "pointing" tab in the Synaptic touch pad settings (Synaptics HID Touchpad) or anything to do with "palm tracking, touchpad sensitivity,or SmartSense". I also have updated all my drivers that i have using windows update.

Thank you all who read and reply! Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kiich,

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Kiich,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults

Change the value of the first 3 string entries of PalmKms to 0.

I recommend creating a backup of your registry if you are not comfortable making changes.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the below steps.

1. Go to the Control Panel (large icon view) then > click Mouse > Device Settings tab > Settings. Under the Synaptics Settings, go to Pointing > Sensitivity > Palmcheck and set the palm sensitivity to the minimum and test the game.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good evening and sorry for the late response,

Concerning the first offered solution, would that be "PalmKms0, PalmKms0g, PalmKms0p"?

Concerning the second, I, for some odd reason, have no "device settings" tab and unable to access the proceeding steps. Is there something wrong with my drivers?

Thank you for giving your time for this response and hope for another soon 🙂

HP Recommended

@Kiich,

Change the value to 0 on all three (PalmKms0, PalmKms0g, PalmKms0p) and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue, then uninstall the touchpad driver from device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

I changed the values for all 3 however didn't make any noticeable difference. reference to your second solution, I have successfully deleted the driver and device, however after doing so the driver I tried to download is not supported for my OS version. I am up to date with all my updates and the driver was updated on the June 12 of 2019. On another note, I am able to type and use my mouse at the same time however scrolling or 2 finger clicking doesn't work. 

Thank you again for the support and ill make sure to accept your solution once this is done 🙂 

HP Recommended

Update: I have downloaded and installed older version "Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1803/ v1809)" released on Nov 12 2018 and now my trackpad is inoperable.

HP Recommended

@Kiich,

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again, 

I have done the system restore as advised and everything seems to be all good. The track pad works perfectly and is able to used concurrently. 

Thank you for your support as I know it was a confusing and arduous one 🙂 

HP Recommended

@Kiich,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.