Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-02-2022 10:09 PM
Hello all. I lost my Biometric Fingerprint scanner and i want to know how to use my laptop fingertip scanner to take attendance for my students. It's necessary and I wish to avoid buying another biometric fingertip scanner since they are expensive. I tried to search for how to use it. But I'm lost, i don't know how to use it for something else aside from logging in my account. And windows hello doesn't provide any help. I tried to search for software that uses it, but i also couldn't find much.
Pls help me out. I use the HP LAPTOP Model 14-dq2028la. It has the finger lector on the right side of the mouse touchpad.
11-15-2022 03:21 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing issues with the finger print scanner.
Please follow the steps listed below and it should take care of this issue:
Step 1: Uninstall Fingerprint scanner driver from device manager:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
3. Right-click it and choose the Uninstall device.
4. Check Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
5. Restart the computer.
Step 2: Remove and recreate your PIN:
1. Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in options. In the PIN section click the Remove button.
2. Click the Remove button again to confirm.
3. You’ll be asked to enter your Microsoft Account password. Enter the password and click on OK.
4. Go to Sign-in options and click on the Add button in the PIN section.
5. Enter your password and click on the Sign in button.
6. Enter the desired PIN in two input fields and click on OK.
After you recreate your PIN, you should be able to use your fingerprint scanner again.
Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community