Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I my HP ProBook 6560b has upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit with a clean formatting of my HDD. The preinstalled HP software seems to be missing. Can someone guide me to install necessary HP ProBook 6560b system software for Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I also do not find HP Client Security Manager .

Kind Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the fingerprint sensor driver you need.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

You may have to manually install the driver if it doesn't automatically install the driver for the fingerprint scanner.

If the fingerprint scanner needs a driver, there will be an Unknown device in the device manager with a hardware ID that looks like this...USB\VID_138A&PID

Click on that device.  Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58900.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then you should be able to use the W10 client security manager software to enroll your fingerprint.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for Windows 10.

Below is the link to the W10 Client Security manager software from a newer model Probook...the 650 G1.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

8.3.17.2042    Dec 3, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen,

Please let me know if the softpaq will work for my HP Probook 6560b. 

Kind Regards,

Debadutta.

HP Recommended

Yes, it will work as long as the fingerprint driver is installed.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I have not installed finger print driver. If it is possible for you to help me with the driver.

Kind Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the fingerprint sensor driver you need.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

You may have to manually install the driver if it doesn't automatically install the driver for the fingerprint scanner.

If the fingerprint scanner needs a driver, there will be an Unknown device in the device manager with a hardware ID that looks like this...USB\VID_138A&PID

Click on that device.  Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58900.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then you should be able to use the W10 client security manager software to enroll your fingerprint.

HP Recommended

Dear sir,

Thanks for all your support. I have installed the HP client Security Manager & the finger print driver.

Kind Regards,

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

In device manage  still some drivers not installed (related to PCI root express..)

Kindly let me know if I would be able to receive any updated by HP Support Assistant..? As you told me in your first replay that HP has stopped supporting HP Probook 6560b Notebook..

Every-time I start HP Support Assistant after Windows 10 update it doesn't provide any update...But i am able to get Windows updates..

What are the other HP Probook 6560b driver or software should I install...??

I am not sure if I made a mistake by upgrading to Windows 10..?

Kindly help..

Kind Regards,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post the hardware ID's for the other devices that need drivers and I will post the links to the drivers you need for them.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.