Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 15-ae065sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey my hard drive failed on my Hp envy 15-ae065sa so i had to replace it which i done so & installed fresh windows 10. after going through all the windows updates ect i went to put the backlit keyboard lights on by pressing F5 but nothing? is there a driver i need to get it working again? 

was working fine before i installed new windows on the new hard drive. 

i've checked bios an action keys are enabled

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Justinyg

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's the check the BIOS settings once again.

In the BIOS, select BIOS Setup or BIOS Setup Utility, and then use the arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration tab. Make sure to enable Action Keys Mode, if it is not enabled already.

NOTE: Your BIOS version and screens might vary.

Action Keys Mode shown as Disabled

You could try one of the following methods depending on your model, to turn the backlit keyboard on or off.

• If the spacebar has a keyboard icon on the left side, press and hold the Function key (Fn) and then tap the space bar one time.

• Press the F12 key.

• Press the F5 key.

• Press the special key dedicated to turning the backlight on and off.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.