01-23-2019 10:55 AM
I have a hp envy x360 that is running a ryzen 2500u. It crashes and reboots quite frequently. I believe it is a driver issue but none of the ones I try fix it. Does anyone have a solution to this. I tried installing the 18.7.1 drivers but I had trouble. I think I seen some people talking about issues with color. Im not a big artist and don't really care about that but it is annoying that I cant play a game for a hour without it crashing.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-23-2019 03:01 PM
Fixed via force updating the display driver with a new one from the AMD webpage.
Personally I used 18.7.1 Adrenaline driver but you can use a different just get something recent.
Steps I used and were correct.
Download Latest driver from AMD and run it
2. Close the setup after it finishes extracting it should give you some error meaning the extraction is finished.
3. Run AMDcleanuputility.exe from the bin folder, boot in safe mode and let it finish, restart
4. Disable windows auto updates by using windows key + R shortcut to bring up run menu. type services.msc and open it.
5. Scroll down to windows update and right click and go to properties/ disable it and keep it from turning on during start up
6. open device manager and select update driver for Microsoft Basic display adapter
7. Select browse my computer
-let me pick
-browse to the extracted location
8. it will load all graphics series, scroll down till you find vega 8 graphics, there may be multiple but choose the first vega 8 graphics that you see.
9. install AND after that go to the driver package again, search CCC2_install.exe which is the radeon settings and install it. Then reboot