Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360

I recently wanted to purchase a new laptop. I have used Microsoft products for years after several bad handled situations with them I said Ill give someone else a try. The 15in spectre x360 intrigued me so I decide ill give it a try not really to familiar with new computer options so I talk to three different sales reps about the configuration options for the spectre NOT ONE SALES REP COULD TELL ME THE ACTUALLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN the intel SSD with 32gb intel optane and the plce 4x4 ssd. they could couldn't tell me why you had to get a different processor, they couldn't tell me why you couldn't get the plce 4x4 ssd with more storage. They couldn't even tell me what the 4x4 stood for it its stands for the 4th generation and 4 lanes of transfer rates. Two reps told me the intel was faster which is not the case the intel has to use the 32gb of optane just to bridge the gap difference in speed but after the 32gb or apps that aren't stored in that its not even a comparison between speed. I told the sales reps I wanted the best performing options and they couldn't tell me which one it was. All they could say was you need to put the order in asap so you don't miss the memorial day sale, so I said ok the more storage option sounds like the better choice , who doesn't want more storage? Then I start doing research and see that the 4x4 is the faster of the two its the newer tech out of the two and is what everyone will be going to. I find this out within three days of placing my order and hp is saying you cant change it but they also say we haven't started the assembly on your laptop and it wont ship until at least 30 days from now? 

This is crazy to me if there sells reps could explain the options it wouldn't be a problem but they cant. I talk to another sales rep after I decided to change the configuration and a supervisor and neither of them could tell me the difference either. I have all the chats saved as proof as well. Is there anything I can do? I still would like to give the spectre a try but not if hp customer support is going to be like this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tiger2023 

The Intel Optane normally runs at PCIe 3x2x2. I believe HP Sptectre machines use PCIe 3x4. You can check using the following tool

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Tiger2023

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since I haven't heard back from you we will be closing my case with you (please note this will not affect other active cases you may have). We are still happy to help you if you need support in the future.

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

-HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Sorry I just replied to the message

HP Recommended

Yea I think that is correct as well but they now offer the option to configure a spectre with a 4x4 ssd which is the fastest to date and everything will be going to 4x4 soon. The problem is I talk with roughly five different sales reps including a supervisor and they couldn't tell me the difference between the intel 3x2x2 and the 4x4 options in the custom configurations. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.