Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp stream notebook pc 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had very low local hardrive space (300mb) and disk clean wasn't working.So I did a full reset,it failed at 66%.I then turned on my  pc and it asked for the  power on password,which I entered,it went to the hp loading screen,but then again asked for the power on password(does this repeatedly).So I then tried entering the bios after the power on password and it asked for my admin password,mine didn't work? Please can u help me. I would really like it to be able to reset and use my laptop again.Could using hard reset do the trick,if so how do you do it on my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, but I'm not sure of price.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

After entering incorrect password 3 times you should get a message System disabled and a Halt code. Post that Halt code here to get a passcode for Admin password.

http://bios-pw.org/

HP Recommended

I have already tried this method it does not work for me.

HP Recommended

50738FC0 is the code it gave me, however I have already tried and failed this method-unless I have done it wrong.

HP Recommended

The passcode generator doesn't work on that type halt code. I  feel like you may have a failed hard drive which could cause all of the problems you have described-from the recovery failure to passwords not working. Have you tried disconnecting the hdd to see if you can get into BIOS? 

HP Recommended

I have tried entering the bios,I need a admin password.how do I do what you suggest?what's a hdd?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I suggested unhooking the hard drive to see if you can get into BIOS. If you can there isn't much else you can do with the laptop with hard drive disconnected but it would suggest the drive is bad and needs to be replaced.

If no luck with that you might try removing the battery on motherboard to see if it clears the password as suggested here by DavidPK:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Secondhand-HP-Laptop-don-t-know-...

HP Recommended

Would a system recovery help?

HP Recommended

System Recovery may work if you can get it to run.

The Stream laptop is diificult to access anything internally, but the Maintenance & Service Guide will help;

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04400176

If your Stream is still in warranty do not open it. Call HP Support for service. >>Contact HP

HP Recommended

I am able to get to the recovery page,however it says I don't have all the requirements.a recovery usb/disc is needed will this cost money

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.