Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-01-2022 10:13 AM
I checked my system info via the hp app, and it shows I have old f.40 bios while there is a new f.60.
it won't show up in windows updates, and I tried to install it manually, but it just greyed out the install button for updating this device in the setup
09-01-2022 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
I want the check your current system configuration.
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> copy/paste to following key/value pairs:
System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Please report your results
09-01-2022 06:36 PM
(1) Download and install/update
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
|184.108.40.206 Rev.A||56.1 MB||Jun 30, 2021||Download|
(2) Download file < sp141845.exe >
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.60 Rev.A||24.1 MB||Aug 10, 2022||Download|
(3) Run file < sp141845.exe >
- Select "copy BIOS image to any file location (Advanced users)" and let utility copy files to <USB flash drive> ...
- Wait until the process is completed successfully and then exit the utility.
(4) BIOS update
- Shutdown computer and wait five seconds
- Power on the computer and then immediately press the [ESC] key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens
- Press <F2>
- <HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI> will be launched
- Select Firmware Management then BIOS Update
- Select BIOS Image To Apply and using file navigator apply bios file from <USB flash drive>
- BIOS update proccess should start and finish ... follow instructions
(5) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community