cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halofarms22
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

I WANT OUT OF S-MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I need to get out of S-mode ASAP!! After SEVERAL tries it let me at one point ... then I re-started my laptop and BAM! Back in S-mode. Cannot open two apps I downloaded and use on the regular!! Every time I go to the store and "GET" - NOTHING happens!!!!!!!! How do you get it to work?

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,788 32,910 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@halofarms22 

Using the MS Store is the ONLY way to exist S Mode.  If that does not work, you are stuck.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
halofarms22
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is literally no way of getting out of / getting rid of it? Is my only answer buying a MAC? 

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,788 32,910 3,069 7,571
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@halofarms22 

As I said, the way out of it is using the MS Store and if that does not work, you are stuck.  

Your real answer is buying a Windows laptop that is not S Mode -- and that requires you do some research into the specific laptop model before you buy it -- or buy from somewhere that has a good return policy so that if you get stuck in the same situation again, you can easily return it and get a refund -- which is what I would do if this were mine.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
halofarms22
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input. You’re correct; more research is needed next time. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation