Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Please help me out of this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

If Windows 10 was already installed on the notebook, you do not need product key. If you reinstall the same version (Home), once installed and connected to internet Windows will automatically activate.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

@Shakar 

If you installed a DIFFERENT version of Windows than what came with the PC, then as @iomare pointed out, the new version will not activate.  Since HP does not provide extra OEM keys, you would then have to BUY a key to match the version you installed -- either Home or Pro.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.