Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to set up Orbit and I went to the Apple Store to download HP Orbit but it cannot find it. I tried both the Irish store and the US store but it doesn't appear to exist in either. Has it been discontinued or renamed?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Just to clarify ...

HP Recommended

This app doesn't exist (except in ads) - should I just delete HP's software froim the machine?

HP Recommended

Hi @bpmurray,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to find the HP Orbit software in the Apple Store.

You may download it from the link: HP Orbit 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I'm afraid you didn't even read the query! I know there is a web page that indicates that the app is available. However (and I'm repeating myself now) it does NOT appear in either iTunes or on the device in the App Store. 

This is what it shows in the App Store:

IMG_7452.PNG

And this is what it shows in iTunes:

itunes.jpg

HP Recommended

OK, I've done a little more sleuthing and found this - your app developer posted the app to the App Store while restricting it from some of your markets - please tell him/her to correct this error: there is no reason whatsoever to restrict access to the app since it doesn't do anything other than interact with your product.

notInIreland.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello, @bpmurray

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to help!

First off, what is the version of your IOS device? You need iOS 9.1 or higher to support the HP Orbit.

Also, you can send an email to orbitfeedback@hp.com to let the orbit team know about your difficulty in installing the App if your iOS is supported.

You can get more details about the HP Orbit here: http://hp.care/2rasMkQ 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Good grief! Can't anyone at HP read? I have over 40 years experience in the top levels of software development and I don't think I have ever encountered such incompetence. 

I'll repeat myself and hopefully the next person will actually read this. The cause of the problem is very simple and has a simple solution. For some bizarre reason, the app developer deliberately tagged the app to make it unavailable in certain markets, despite the device being sold in these markets. The fix is to remove this restriction.

So the question is: are the plans to fix this or should I simply remove the HP software? It's a binary question with a single answer which is one of the options.

HP Recommended

Hello, @bpmurray

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I too have had a similar issue trying to download HP orbit on an iOS 10.3.3 iphone 6s plus. Can anyone on the support team confirm that the restriction on the access to HP Orbit by users outside of the U.S. has been removed?

Chariot 

Trinidad and Tobago User

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.