Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-6180sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant play old game on my Notebook HP Pavilion dv7-6180sl after i pass from windows 7 to windows 10, need files for directx 11 but windows 10 have directx 12, seems the grapic card dont support this. There is a solution or i must return in windows 7?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sercharls 

DirectX 12 is designed to be backwards compatible with v11 and v10.  You can check what is supported on your PC by typing dxdiag in the search box.

IF it does not show DirectX 11 then the problem is with the game itself and we can not help you with that.  You would have to contact the game suppliers -- if they are still around.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
indicate the complete error (s) you receive!
Your graphics card may not be installed correctly after the upgrade
if there are no more compatible drivers, you may not have the choice to reinstall seven

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.