Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Paviion x2 10 K020ns (Energy Star)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My product is Paviion x2 10 K020ns (Energy Star), I have de HP serial number and the HP product Number.

I have installed W10 and it is incompatible. I deleted everything so that I cannot recover W8.1.

I have downloaded a Microsoft ISO image for W8.1 but I am missing the ProductKey of the original Windows 8.1 of my product.

I don't know how to get it back. HP saves it in its files.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It depends on the model. Normally there is a sticker on be device additional the license can be added by the manufacturer in the BIOS. On top of that Microsoft often save the license which is bound to a hardware in there online database. So if you install Windows 10 for example and has an working internet connection the info's can be fetched automatically from that database during the windows 10 installation.

The key which is build into the image is a so called "generic keys" and can only be successfully be used by the manufacturer. You can google for "windows 8.1 generic keys" to find them. You can enter that key to bypass the first dialog but later one need to perform an online activation (if the key fits the device and OS).

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @JL61 

Your notebook came with W8.1 with Bing, and there are no downloads that work with that OS.

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04553940

You will have to contact HP in Spain and see if you can order W8.1 with Bing recovery media or you can try and make  W8.1 with Bing installation media by reading the info at the link below (toward the bottom of the page).

https://www.pcsteps.com/210-download-windows-8-1/

If you can't get W8.1 with Bing from HP or making an installation file yourself, then I suggest you reinstall W10 and live with it the way it is.

You can probably use the W8.1 drivers for devices that don't have W10 drivers.

HP Recommended

I have installed w8.1 with your instructions but I have no drivers. I need all the drivers to make it work an d in the HP Support there are no drivers.

Someone has the drivers?

HP Recommended

You can install the HP Support Assistant from here and it will auto download the required drivers or can manually check here fore the drivers.

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.