Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I keep getting this ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/CASLSeup.exe each time I hit the fn keys

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Hello @Senibo 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

This action is triggered by the HP Hotkey software. We need to make some changes to get your notebook working properly again.

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information about the computer. This is not sensitive data.

It is allowed to publish it in public.

HP Recommended

i cannot control my brightness .it shows hp framework not working or not installed

HP Recommended

Hello @Ahmad0080 please create new topic and I will help you.

HP Recommended

The link given was wrong

THIS IS THE CORRECT ONE:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/CASLSetup.exe

then if you need the HotkeySupport Driver download the file labeled sp71790)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=cKMLhL

HP Recommended

2GZO4UP#ABA

HP Recommended

Hello @darthvader54 

@darthvader54 wrote:

2GZO4UP#ABA

(1) Install/Update

HP Hotkey Support - UWP

8.10.7.1 Rev.A17.6 MBJan 25, 2021Download

(2) Reboot and test

HP Recommended

product no.- 3up8IET#ABU or #5CG910FYH

HP Recommended

Hello @Em_ma 

(1) Your product number (p/n) is invalid.

(2) Please edit your post and remove # number

HP Recommended

me too I keep getting this when I'm trying to turn my brightness up it says please download and install HP software framework from the link ftp//ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/caslsetup.exe. you will need to restart the system after installation.  can someone please tell me what I do next cause when I google serch it brings me to this page

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.