cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jon1313
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I'm trying to upload a app to my laptop and the factory settings are not permitting it.

HP Recommended
Pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can someone tell me how and or what to disable in my firewall settings to allow me to upload a specific player to my computer. When I try and install a" your connection isn't private " notification is displayed. I have disabled temporarily many firewall settings but it still won't allow it. Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,092 6,659
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jon1313 

Sorry, but since this is just a self-help Support Community staffed mostly by volunteers, we have no capability for debugging problems with third-party (i.e., non-HP) applications.

For help with these issues, you have to contact the vendor of the application or their support forum.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jon1313
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer is an HP. Is it not the factory settings of my HP computer that are causing the problem for the upload? I went through the actual app manufacture, everything works on their end. It's my computer that stops it. Are you saying I need to contact windows to discuss my firewall? Thank you

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,092 6,659
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jon1313 

You said "upload" -- but are you trying to download and install an app using a Browser? 

If that is the case, it is the Browser settings -- and if you are using Edge, that is an issue at it locks out lots of stuff.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation