Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15ba013cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am going with a dual boot system windows 10 and windows 7.  I need the windows 7 drivers, but HP.com is too dumb with their AI they do not show me windows 7 drivers but being so smart they show what they think I need only and their SMART AI , detects windows 10 installed by factory as the operating system, it shows me only windows 10 drivers....They cannot imagine anything more than what their cheap system can think....Can you help me get to HP.com windows 7 drivers directly without AI help?

aace55
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your whole narrative about the drivers is incorrect.

HP only supports that model series for W10 which is why there are no other drivers listed.

If there were, you would select the Choose a different OS link on the support page, and the drop down menu would have other supported operating systems listed.

As far as W7 drivers, use the ones from the HP 255 G4 business class notebook, except the BIOS, chipset, firmware and touchpad drivers.  You will see how the driver pages work in this instance.

Use the oldest W10 touchpad driver from your notebook's support page, which will have the W7 drivers included.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-255-g4-notebook-pc/7609936

You will also need to install the W10/W7 AMD chipset driver from the link below and restart the PC. 4th file down.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-9-series-chipsets/990fx

HP Recommended

I cannot change the windows version 10 to windows 7 it does not work it is stuck on the windows it read with AI.  Thank you I will try your suggestions I hope they work.

aace55
HP Recommended

I used your suggestion the HP 255 G4 business class notebook, but the AI detects my Windows 10 System, as the operating system and it locks me in.  It says that my system in windows 10 period!  When I try to change they operating system and cannot do it AI is way too smart! Way too smart!!!  You do not believe it because you are not online trying to find a system for HP 255 G4 business class notebook, which is your suggestion.  Do you mean to say that HP 255 G4 business class notebook, uses Windows 10 and should use those drivers?

aace55
HP Recommended

I tried your link and it did work I was able to change the operating system that time let me try thanks. I do hate these automatic systems,Thanks for your time.  I still have to down load the drivers and test if they work.

aace55
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.