Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was recently having problems with my laptop. I contacted Microsoft Support, formatted my hard drive, and reinstalled Windows 10 by using an ISO file from a USB boot. Microsoft told me that some of my HP drivers would reinstall automatically, but they  also helped me reinstall some drivers for example they noted that my audio/speakers driver had an error message so they helped me uninstall and reinstall that. My question is, did all of my HP drivers automatically reinstall or am I missing things like BIOS? I have noticed I no longer see an HP logo when I first turn on my laptop (Now I see a Windows 10 logo) nor am I able to log in with my fingerprint scanner anymore (is that simplepass?). Should I just download and install every available driver for my laptop? Or is there a way I could figure out which drivers to download and which ones are already installed? What about checking for updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For fingerprint scanner you need Validity driver and Simplepass software. To determine which other drivers may be missing check in Device Manager for errors.

For any BIOS update-be 100% certain you are on the Support page specifically for your model.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Install HP Support Assistant and let it update drivers you need:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

HP Recommended

Okay I did that, but it hasn't updated anything. I clicked to check for updates on my device and it doesn't list any. I know that my BIOS is out of date, because when I go to Start and select Run "msinfo32" it tells me the latest version of BIOS that I have is from Jun, 6 2016. However, on the HP Software & Driver website a BIOS update from Mar 13, 2017 is available. If HP Support Assistant missed  that one are there others it could be missing as well?

HP Recommended

For fingerprint scanner you need Validity driver and Simplepass software. To determine which other drivers may be missing check in Device Manager for errors.

For any BIOS update-be 100% certain you are on the Support page specifically for your model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.