Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-12-2023 08:17 AM
I replaced the battery.
Battery drains from 100% to 92% when not in use. Do I need to recalibrate battery? If so in which way?
Please suggest ion which YouTube video or in another platform to show me how to do it myself.
Thank you in advance!
03-19-2023 06:18 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
Battery calibration is the process of recalibrating the battery to ensure that it accurately displays the remaining battery life and prolongs its overall lifespan. Here are the steps to calibrate the battery for HP Spectre x360 Convertible.
- Fully charge your HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop until the battery LED indicator shows that it is fully charged. You can also check the battery percentage in the taskbar.
- Keep the laptop plugged in for at least two hours after it has been fully charged. This will allow the battery to stabilize.
- Use your laptop as you normally would, until the battery percentage drops to 20%. At this point, save any unsaved work and close all applications.
- Put your laptop in sleep mode and let it sit for at least five hours. This will allow the battery to drain completely.
- After five hours, connect your laptop to the power adapter and let it charge to full capacity again.
- Once your laptop is fully charged, unplug the power adapter and use your laptop as normal. The battery should now be calibrated.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community