bharatbusa
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to transfer my ownership of the laptop to a person out of country

HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to transfer my ownership to my cousin living in another country. It's a new laptop just brought during Thanksgiving in United States. 

How do I transfer my ownership? Is there any procedure or HP website links to do that.

I have reached out to HP support and the support person over the phone seemed he's quite unaware of the topic. 😞

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
41,246 41,033 6,464 11,247
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So what help do you need from the Community?

0 Kudos
bharatbusa
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want the procedure to do it ( transfer my ownership)or any HP website links that would help to do so. I have tried to contact support and I felt like the person doesn't have enough info on this topic.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
41,246 41,033 6,464 11,247
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The warranty follows the hardware so whoever is in possession of the laptop within the warranty period can send it in. HP does not keep a registry of ownership like a land title office. On models purchased in the USA there may or may not be warranty coverage available outside the USA and it may have to be shipped back to the USA for service. Depends on if that model was sold in that specific country. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation