Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0100tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought my first gaming laptop: HP OMEN 15 2018 last January 26, 2019... but when I look on the Warranty Status details, it says Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 6 months remaining and the Start date states June 08, 2018.

Even the HP Support for Initial Setup has ended in November 04, 2018.

I just want to clarify my concern and I do not want to have an issue with my new laptop. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can dispute the default warranty date:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

The system sets a date based on the average time from manufacture to retail sale. It means your laptop sat on the shelf for a while but the warranty coverage is one year from retail purchase and you can get that set correctly at the outset by filing a dispute. They may ask for proof of purchase. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The system sets a date based on the average time from manufacture to retail sale. It means your laptop sat on the shelf for a while but the warranty coverage is one year from retail purchase and you can get that set correctly at the outset by filing a dispute. They may ask for proof of purchase. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hello

Omen is not a business notebook , so this is the wrong part of the forum where to write about an Omen.

If you will have issue with teh product , you need to prove the purchase  date to get your product fixed in warranty.

so keep in a safe place the invoice or ticket that prove when you bouth the product. this is what count for consumer products as they may be sold weeks or months after production date.

I had the same issue with a printer. I provided the document of the purchase.

Bye

HP Recommended

@TryToDoMybest wrote:

Hello

Omen is not a business notebook , so this is the wrong part of the forum where to write about an Omen.

If you will have issue with teh product , you need to prove the purchase  date to get your product fixed in warranty.

so keep in a safe place the invoice or ticket that prove when you bouth the product. this is what count for consumer products as they may be sold weeks or months after production date.

I had the same issue with a printer. I provided the document of the purchase.

Bye

My bad! I was not able to find a correct forum topic. Thanks for your experience and it is noted sir.

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

I am not able to dispute my warranty due to absence of "Dispute this" link in my HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Results page based in Philippines. What will I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.