Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

my device has a microphone mute key but it doesn't have a led built in to the key to know if its muted or not so there's no indication for me to know if its working. I want to know if there's a way for me to get an indication from the display that my microphone is muted or not. like the audio mute. I listed my device below too if needed. Really hope there's a solution for it.

thank you

product name - HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE

product number - 1F4W2PA#ABG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ranidu_lakshan wrote:

Hello,

my device has a microphone mute key but it doesn't have a led built in to the key to know if its muted or not so there's no indication for me to know if its working. I want to know if there's a way for me to get an indication from the display that my microphone is muted or not. like the audio mute. I listed my device below too if needed. Really hope there's a solution for it.

thank you

So after looking around i did find that the mic button displays when its muted or not in Control panel -> Sounds -> Recordings -> properties of your selected microphone-> levels. in there i saw that it was muted and unmuted every time I pressed the button. 

Though there isn't any stock way of having an indication. Found a great third party application called micswich which worked great and gave me a notification and an indication in the taskbar. Uses very little resources too. Didn't need to be remapped for me it just worked with the mic mute button. so far it works great for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ranidu_lakshan 

Please check the speaker icon on the bottom right corner. When you get a red over the speaker that means mute or a letter x sits next to the speaker

mute.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you for the quick reply Banhien,

I was asking about the microphone mute key not the audio mute. the audio mute key works fine and it is displayed like you said. I don't see any indication that the microphone is muted or not after pressing the mic mute key (f6 function key). Cause the physical button doesn't have an LED.

HP Recommended

@Ranidu_lakshan 

Depending on which app you are using, you can mute the microphone. It shows a symbol of a microphone which is similar to

mute fone.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Ranidu_lakshan wrote:

Hello,

thank you

So after looking around i did find that the mic button displays when its muted or not in Control panel -> Sounds -> Recordings -> properties of your selected microphone-> levels. in there i saw that it was muted and unmuted every time I pressed the button. 

Though there isn't any stock way of having an indication. Found a great third party application called micswich which worked great and gave me a notification and an indication in the taskbar. Uses very little resources too. Didn't need to be remapped for me it just worked with the mic mute button. so far it works great for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.