Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1010np
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone,

Currently, I have been having problems with installing an update on my computer, so the other day I contacted Microsoft support to try and solve the issue. They told me that in order to be able to install the update I should contact HP Support and verify if my device is compatible with TMP 2.0 (I guess to change from BIOS to TMP 2.0, not sure), and if it is compatible to enable it.

I've tried to contact HP support about this but have had no luck. Is there anyone who has a bit of insight in this and might be able to help me?

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I believe you can check if you have TPM 2.0 by pressing Windows + R and then "tpm.msc". Once the TPM panel has opened check the status off it and the version which can be found under the TPM Manufacturer Information section. Check that the Specification Version is 2.0. 

Also, what update are you trying to install?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the help. I did what you recommended and it tells me that I don't have TPM, "No compatible TPM was found on this computer. Check that this computer has TPM 1.2 or later and that it is activated in the BIOS", which I was already expecting since it's more or less what the Microsoft support told me.

The update that I'm trying to install is the 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5031358). The system tries to install it at least once a day but in the end, it's never able to complete it.

HP Recommended

Ok, you can check to see if your device has the TPM chip for sure by checking Device Manager.

1. Open Device Manager

2. Navigate to the 'Security Devices'

3. Check for anything named 'Trusted Platform Module'

If you have nothing there labeled with Trusted Platform Module then your machine does not have a TPM chip and you are unable to enable TPM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.