Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch004na
Microsoft Windows 11
Description: I have been trying to install the latest Radeon RX Vega M Graphics driver for the Spectre 360 from the intel driver update site, but I keep getting error 182 when trying to install. I am running Win 11 and all other drivers and S/W are up to date. Any advice as to a workaround would be appreciated.
This download installs the Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics Driver for 8th generation.
Version:
Release date:
December 28, 2021
Size:
786.86 MB
zorch1t_0-1666686865621.jpegzorch1t_1-1666686891885.jpeg zorch1t_2-1666686960396.jpeg

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @zorch1t 

You should always install <HP certified> drivers ... anything else does not work !

ub6424_0-1666734735930.png

You are on an uncertain path with Windows 11 ...

Recommendation and solution

You should downgrade to Windows 10 because Windows 11 has not been officially tested and released by <HP> and there are no drivers available.

(1) Make backup copies of the most important personal files and data to external <USB hard drive>.

(2Downgrade

Please read and follow the guide carefully !

Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10

See Section <How to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 after 10 days>

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

It does not work with Win10 either (I have two identical Spectre 360 devices for eval purposes, one on Win 10 public release and one on Win 11). I have been using Win11 for some years as an MSFT employee on this device with zero issues. In fact, there have been large performance gains. AMD is also looking into the issue with the Vega driver. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @zorch1t 

The offical HP drivers for Windows 10 are outdated !

If you have valid HP warranty contact HP Support, a HP technican should provide a solution (HP certified driver update) for your problem.

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.