Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I just picked this up last night (HP OMEN 15) and it's frustrating me. I'm trying to install aTubeCatcher, a relatively small simple program that can download videos from YouTube and other sites. While trying to install I keep getting the error message "Insufficent system resources exist to complete the requested service".  I've already installed several programs with no issues, including Gimp (shareware but like PhotoShop) which is pretty big, FireFox and a couple of games. I've checked what is running at start up but this is way more complicated than my old laptop and I don't want to shut down something important. What programs and processes absolutely NEED to be running on this thing? Or how can I install aTubeCatcher? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chad  🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ChadJB19 wrote:

I might be reading it wrong but to me it looks like the 87% is under Free Space. ...

@ChadJB19 

Sorry, too early in the morning during Winter. I id not read properly that means you still have plenty of space. Have you tried to reboot and re-install again and look at the error message code (if any).

Do you have Antivirus on your machine ? If yes, please disable it then install the program and enable it back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ChadJB19 

What is your HP Omen 15 ? Please use HPSA to see what is it, should be similar to

prd name.png

How big is C: now ?  My Omen after 18 months with many apps and programs on it. C: still have 59% free:

Omen 200605 storage.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I made some screen shots. The images are pretty large so I hope they'll post here. Thank you

OMEN SPECS sm.PNG

HP Recommended

The image came out to small to read. let me redo it. sorry

HP Recommended

Sorry, I resized the first set of images in hopes they wouldn't be too large. Here is a larger set that should be easier to see.

Thank you

OMEN SPECS.PNGDISK MANAGEMENT.PNG

HP Recommended

@ChadJB19 

Your machine is an HP Omen 15-dh1054nr. I can't find its Official specs from HP but from the following link

https://www.microcenter.com/product/623207/hp-omen-15-dh1054nr-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

We can see its main components

• Intel Core i7-10750H Processor 2.6GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR5
  • 16GB DDR4-2933 RAM
  • 512GB Solid State Drive
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • Multi-Format SD Media Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Network
  • Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2)+Bluetooth 5.0 Combo
  • 15.6" FUll HD 144Hz IPS Anti-Glare Micro-Edge WLED-backlit Display

Looks like you put heaps to C:, it is 87% now. I don't know what did you do but after 18 months I still have over 50% of my 256GB which is smaller yours drive.

Anyway, that is your choice. Now C: is nearly full that why your machine has no room to install more apps/programs and keep users data.

Machine is new, we don't have Maintenance and Service Guide for for the series

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-15-dh1000-laptop-pc-series/32827277/manuals

But from manual for the previous series, you have 2 options

(a) Replace 512GB of M.2 SSD with a larger (capacity) drive using

https://www.samsung.com/au/memory-storage/970-evo-nvme-m2-ssd/MZ-V7E2T0BW/
     https://www.crucial.com/products/ssd/crucial-p2-ssd

Or similar from reputable vendors.

(b) Add 2.5" 2TB SATA HDD/SSD to HDD bay using standard HDD or SSD but you need more part called  Hard drive connector/cable.

For option (b), you can move users data/files to 2.5" HDD/SSD to free up C: then set it as default to store documents, photos, videos ....

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I might be reading it wrong but to me it looks like the 87% is under Free Space. Or am I not understanding it correctly. I picked this up new from the computer shop on Wednesday. I know I'm a picture hoarder but not even I could fill it up that fast. LOL.

HP Recommended

@ChadJB19 wrote:

I might be reading it wrong but to me it looks like the 87% is under Free Space. ...

@ChadJB19 

Sorry, too early in the morning during Winter. I id not read properly that means you still have plenty of space. Have you tried to reboot and re-install again and look at the error message code (if any).

Do you have Antivirus on your machine ? If yes, please disable it then install the program and enable it back.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The Anti Virus that came with it was McAfee. I didn't find a way to disable it, and it was a trial version, so I uninstalled it and restarted the computer. After that the program I was trying to install (aTubeCatcher) installed with no problem. I am now installing a different Anti Virus program.

Thank you very much.

Chad

HP Recommended

@ChadJB19 

Thanks for let me know. Please keep in mind options to add more storage in future.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.