Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dq0002dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

Event Viewer reports the following:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_318C&SUBSYS_864D103C&REV_06\3&11583659&0&01.

I checked in Device Manager, and I found out it is the Intel(R) Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Everything there seems to be working fine--no conflict, events, etc. 

I even clean-installed all the Thermal Framework, chipset, and video drivers, but this error seems to persist at each system log on.

I remember a year ago, I found some different drivers for the participant, it might have been for Dell, and the error no longer appeared. Is it possible that the drivers are no good, or there is a bug. Would you suggest different drivers, or some other workaround?

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @darkosh,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're dealing with a driver-related issue on your HP Notebook, specifically related to the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. The error message you provided indicates that the driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the mentioned device.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue.

• Update Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF): Ensure that you have the latest version of the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers. Visit the official HP support website for your laptop model, locate the DPTF drivers, and install the latest version.
  • Check for BIOS/UEFI Updates: Check if there are any BIOS/UEFI updates available for your laptop on the HP support website. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve compatibility issues and improve system stability.
  • Use Intel Driver and Support Assistant: Intel provides a tool called the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, which can automatically detect and update drivers for Intel hardware. You can download and run this tool from the Intel website to ensure all your Intel drivers are up to date.
  • Manually Reinstall the Driver: If the issue persists, try manually uninstalling the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant driver from Device Manager and then reinstalling it. Make sure to download the driver from the official HP support website.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is fully up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates include fixes for driver-related issues.

Before making any changes, it's always a good idea to create a system restore point so that you can revert the system to a previous state if needed. If you previously found alternative drivers that worked, and they were from a reputable source, you might consider trying those drivers again if the above steps do not resolve the issue. However, make sure to exercise caution and only download drivers from official and trustworthy sources.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @darkosh,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're dealing with a driver-related issue on your HP Notebook, specifically related to the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. The error message you provided indicates that the driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the mentioned device.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue.

• Update Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF): Ensure that you have the latest version of the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers. Visit the official HP support website for your laptop model, locate the DPTF drivers, and install the latest version.
  • Check for BIOS/UEFI Updates: Check if there are any BIOS/UEFI updates available for your laptop on the HP support website. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve compatibility issues and improve system stability.
  • Use Intel Driver and Support Assistant: Intel provides a tool called the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, which can automatically detect and update drivers for Intel hardware. You can download and run this tool from the Intel website to ensure all your Intel drivers are up to date.
  • Manually Reinstall the Driver: If the issue persists, try manually uninstalling the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant driver from Device Manager and then reinstalling it. Make sure to download the driver from the official HP support website.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is fully up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates include fixes for driver-related issues.

Before making any changes, it's always a good idea to create a system restore point so that you can revert the system to a previous state if needed. If you previously found alternative drivers that worked, and they were from a reputable source, you might consider trying those drivers again if the above steps do not resolve the issue. However, make sure to exercise caution and only download drivers from official and trustworthy sources.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.