Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce0009nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop is an:

HP Pavilion - 14-ce0009nf

CPU: i5 8250u

RAM: 8GB

SSD:  SK hynix PC401 HFS256GD9TNG-62A0A

BIOS Version/Date: Insyde F.23, 12/25/2020

If I install the graphics driver the laptop not working ok. Sometimes the screen goes black for a second, and some windows from Windows system looks weird, you can see in attached pictures that ''confetti" on the background(sometimes the whole screen is with confetti). But my problem is not that it looks like that, my problem is that the screen goes black for a second from time to time (for example, when I open a video on youtube, or when open a program, even when I want to shutdown the laptop, it lagging and the screen goes black for a second).

I know that the Windows system logs any problem so I checked Event Viewer and indeed there are a lot of Warnings with "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 4101"

I mention that with the default Microsoft Basic Display Adapter I don't encounter this issues.

What I tried :

- I made a fresh install of the Windows 10 and I made all updates, also I Installed the latest graphics driver from Intel website.

- On the HP drivers website I saw that the last graphics driver is for win10 v1903, so I installed win10 v1903 and installed that graphics driver, but still the same problem.

- My thoughts is that the latest BIOS is the problem, so I tried to make a downgrade, but I failed.

Can anyone help me with this? If the problem is the BIOS, is there any way to make a downgrade? or it is intended to release a new version of BIOS?

IMG_0084.jpg   IMG_0085.jpg   IMG_0082.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Betuel, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.