cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
JohnnyOrlo
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Intel Turbo Boost

HP Recommended
HP Omen laptop with Intel Core i7-7700HQ QC 7th Gen processor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Omen laptop with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ QC 7th Gen processor.  Can this processor be overclocked?  If it cannot be overclocked, is there anything that can be done with it to make it better for gaming? I think it has Intel Turbo Boost that is automatic.  Is there a way to make the turbo boost not automatic but on constantly to help with gaming? (I saw a YouTube video of someone who did that with a processor that could not be overclocked)  From what I understand, the turbo boost can be accessed in the bios but I do not see it anywhere in there.  

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,788 65,501 12,539 21,609
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JohnnyOrlo 

Short answer is NO for all of those. HP only allows undervolting on SOME series of Omen machines, not all. Also please read the following article from Intel

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000007359/processors/intel-core-processo...

which says

"Maximum frequency for processor function can't be specified. Maximum frequency is automatic and dependent on working conditions."

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JohnnyOrlo
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was just curious, how was this guy in this youtube video able to do this? And is it normal that I don't see my turboboost anywhere in my bios?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjkYdBKq_w

We show you HOW TO OVERCLOCK A NON-K INTEL CPU. how to permanently turbo boost an intel cpu in 2020. In this vido we give you all the instructions on how to ...
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation