Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 COnvertible 15-ds0599na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The salesman was specific that there <is> facial recognition on this PC. But WIndows Hello says the camera isn't compatible. So, was I told something unture, or is there a fix? Ideas please.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JaneW51 There are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall the IR camera driver

Reinstalling the IR camera driver might resolve the issue. Uninstall the driver in Device Manager, and then reinstall the driver from HP Customer Support.

1. Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, double-click Imaging devices, right-click the name of the IR camera, and then select Uninstall device.

Uninstalling the IR camera

3. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.

Selecting Delete the driver software for this device and clicking Uninstall

4. Go to HP Customer Support, and then enter your PC model number.

5. On the Software and driver results page for your PC model, download and install the driver for the IR camera.

Restart your PC by shutting it down and then manually turning it on to see if Windows Hello Face Recognition works. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. In fact the version of Envy x360 does NOT have an IR camera - this was a fact that the salesman did not know when I bought the PC. He claimed that it did have an IR camera. I have taken my concern back to the store and have received an apology and a small cash compensation because of the salesman's error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.