Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CD006la.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible that I'm using an old driver because HP compatibility? (HP Pavilion 15-cd006la, R7 535DX)

I bought the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cd006la and originally reported that it brings the Radeon R7 535DX graphic card with 4Gb of memory. Now I'm using a driver from the HP support site, version 17.7 "Crimson ReLive" and worst, modified because it doesn't looks like examples on site. Constantly I receive eMails inviting me to download the new "Adrenaline" software, but it's impossible because doesn't work. The only one is this 17.7.

I've tried already five different softwares downloaded from AMD website.

Which one should be the right one for this device?

I'm trying to upgrade because I can't use those 4Gb, only the 512Mb by default.

Btw. Are those 4Gb real dedicated or shared from RAM?

I can't enjoy games, even on low resolution.

Greetings.

Without all functions (like ReLive)Without all functions (like ReLive)Radeon1.JPG4Gb dedicated? (Tamaño de memoria)4Gb dedicated? (Tamaño de memoria)

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please help HP. 

HP Recommended

@Dacowick,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand you would like to know how to dedicate more video memory to your laptop.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Once done, restart the computer and check.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers on your PC from device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more details, please go through this link: HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 😎

Alternatively, please go through this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Dual AMD GPUs

As you mentioned you would like to know how to dedicate more video memory to your laptop.

Follow these steps to view video memory information:

1. Right-click an open area of the desktop, then click Screen resolution.

The Screen Resolution window opens.

2. Click Advanced settings.

Figure : Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution window, showing location of Advanced settings
  3. Click the Adapter tab.

The video memory information is displayed under Adapter Information:

• Total Available Graphics Memory: A combination of all memory available for graphics. The system may not actually be using all of this memory, but it is available when requested.

• Dedicated Video Memory: Memory set aside for the exclusive use of the graphics adapter.

For Integrated Graphics Cards, this memory is set aside by the BIOS and is subtracted from system memory before Windows 7 is loaded. Windows 7 does not report this as part of total system memory.

For Discrete Graphics Cards, this is the memory that is on the graphics card. It is not subtracted from system memory.

• System Video Memory: A fixed memory allocation that is subtracted from system memory after Windows 7 loads. Windows 7 reports this as part of total system memory. It is available to software programs.

• Shared System Memory: An additional pool of memory that may be dynamically allocated and released as needed. This memory is available to programs and may be used for graphics if required.

You can't increase the video memory per-set, but you can allocate more virtual memory for your computer to use. 

To do this, click start, right click computer>Properties>advanced system settings>advanced>performance>advanced>(virtual memory)>change> 

click custom size and enter the size of hard drive space you would like to allocate to virtual memory. I would recommend and initial size of 10000 mb and a maximum size of 20000mb. Click apply and reboot your system.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeet_Singh 

Thanks for all the info and all the time. 

I have a lot of questions now. 

First. I already did the reset, and BIOS, and everything. 

And I have the same trouble. The only driver which works, is the "Crimson" 17,7.  I tried many of the "Adrenalin" and they doesn't work.  The main question is, this laptop GPU only works with this driver? The HP modified driver?

Can I use another newer driver from AMD website? Why if I try different drivers, system shows me different cards (530, 535DX, M430, etc.)? 

Second. Having in mind your explanation about size of memory, I want to show you this:

512Mb dedicated.512Mb dedicated.Sticker on laptop says 4Gb dedicated.Sticker on laptop says 4Gb dedicated.

Obviously I modified the virtual memory. 

So, I have 512Mb dedicated or 4Gb dedicated?  This info doesn't match. 

And the more important thing. I want use this graphic card and I don't see use more than 512Mb ever.  I can't run games well, even in low specs. I'm thinking could be a hardware issue too. Or just a lie about those 4Gb.  I don't know... 

Please excuse me if I'm so annoying, but I have many doubts about this. 

Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

@Dacowick,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

As I understand you have a concern regarding the graphics card its not R series graphics card

It is AMD Radeon ™ 530 graphics used only on laptops

Next thing, The fix to this problem is to Install AMD Catalyst Control Centre and Under "Switchable Graphics" under "Power" you can choose which programs can use your AMD GPU.

I hope this helps, Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeet_Singh

I received another Windows upgrade, the "october" one, and it changed my WINVER to 1809. The support website gives me the driver to the version 1803. I'm actually using the AMD Soft Adrenalin 18.12.3, and that program offers me an upgrade to the 18.9.3. I tried both and those two detects wrong the GPU, it says I have the R7 M340, whe I have supposed the R7 535DX. I don't know what else can I do. This versions of AMD soft were autodetected or manually downloaded and always had the same result. If I choose the 530 graphics, it also download the Adrenaline.  I tried many games with this three drivers (18.12, 18.9 and the first one, 17.7) and never "turned on" those 4Gb of memory. Just the 512 Mb and of course, it's a poor performance.

Greetings. 

HP Recommended

@Dacowick,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

I would suggest you go ahead and download and install this file: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75640.exe

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

.@Jeet_singh,

Any other solutions, please? I've had this issue on Windows 10. Soon I'm gonna upgrade to it and once again gonna face this yet unfixed issue. What should we do to get the desired performance? On Windows 7 Everything is OK. I get 4 GB of dedicated graphics memory on GTA IV for example.

HP Recommended

HI @Mkaafy 

I had to escalate this problem to HP Warranty and I got a brand new laptop. They told me that it was an issue no fixable. 

I'm sorry if you don't have active that warranty service, because I think there isn't solution for that. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting us know, pal! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.