Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17z-ca300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my "close lid" set to "hibernate" for both battery and AC power.  Many times when under battery power I close the lid and several hours later, the battery is completely dead.  It appears is if it is not going into "hibernate".  Doesn't happen 100% of the time and I don't know what condition is causing this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GaryBro 

Yes, hibernate uses power but very little. Even shut down, machines still use power.

>>> Doesn't happen 100% of the time and I don't know what condition is causing this.

That could be a mystery, could be depending on the status on your machine before closing the lid.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It looks like the close lid going into hibernate is not working.  The system is staying on and then eventually runs out of power and shuts down.  I can close the lid and go back a few minutes later and when I open the lid the system is on.  If I go to START, POWER and click HIBERNATE, it seems to work fine.  Was just hoping to save a few seconds by just closing the lid.

HP Recommended

Some new information - the Hibernate function is not working properly.  I've tried the START, POWER, HIBERNATE before and it worked.  However, I now find that sometimes it goes into a frozen state.  Nothing works and the only way out is to hold the power button and force a shut down.  This is what is happening when I close the lid - it does try to go into HIBERNATE but gets hung up somehow.  The strange thing is that it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.