Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15

So I tried updating my laptop recently, it all seemed to download and install normally but when it restarted (after updating) and asked me to log in, my laptop got stuck on the welcome screen. No matter how long I leave it, the welcome loading symbol is constant and I can’t actually get onto my laptop. I’m aware I can uninstall the updates (which I have done a few times before) but I’m at the point where I need to update my laptop to use certain apps properly. Not sure how to fix this

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sophie32 

So are you saying that the Windows Updates install OK but after you reboot, the laptop gets stuck on the HP logo screen?

Are you sure the updates are installing OK -- because from your description, it sounds like one or more is failing.

IF you can get back in, open Windows Update, look at the history, and examine the recent updates for error codes.

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding why certain apps need certain Windows Updates in place in order for them to work.  You would need to contact the individual app vendors to find out why this is the case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.