Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0146tu
Microsoft Windows 11

Has anyone experienced issues in graphics driver? I had this issue when I update my graphics driver to latest version I get BSOD and I disable the latest driver by safe mode then I can still use my laptop but not in full capacity it limits its capacity tho. even i check the CPU speed it limits its performance. is there anything that is missing? thanks for your response

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kian_21,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Experiencing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) after updating graphics drivers can be frustrating. It's possible that the latest driver version is incompatible with your system or that there's a bug causing the issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

• Rollback the Graphics Driver: Since you mentioned that disabling the latest driver resolved the issue, try rolling back to the previous version of the graphics driver. You can do this through Device Manager in Windows.
  • Update Other Drivers: Sometimes, issues can arise due to outdated or conflicting drivers. Make sure all your drivers, including chipset and other peripherals, are up to date.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your operating system is fully updated. Sometimes, Windows updates include fixes for driver compatibility issues.
  • Check for BIOS Updates: HP often releases BIOS updates to address compatibility issues and improve system stability. Visit the HP website and check if there's a BIOS update available for your laptop model.
  • Perform a Clean Installation of Graphics Drivers: Uninstall the current graphics drivers completely, then perform a clean installation of the latest version downloaded from the HP website.
  • Check for Overheating: Overheating can cause performance throttling and system instability. Make sure your laptop's cooling system is functioning properly and that there's no dust buildup obstructing airflow.
  • Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK): These built-in Windows utilities can help identify and repair corrupted system files or disk errors that may be contributing to the issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to address the graphics driver issue and restore your laptop's full performance capacity.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.