Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 17-ak0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, In the bottom right-hand corner is the HP Support Assistant. The assistant is marked with a red dot with an exclamation mark (!).  I have 2 devices a Notebook and an All-In-One Printer. The Support Assistant shows that I have 7. I have tried to remove/ delete those devices that I no longer have, but I can't find anywhere that allows me to do that. Help required please. I am not sure what to enter in the space provided for Message Tags

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I just opened up the support assistant to see what you need to do, and I agree...just looking at the program window, there is no obvious way to do it.

But I found it...

You need to sign into the HPSA if you are not logged in now.

Then click on the device you want to remove, and repeat this step for each one.

On the device screen, to the right of the serial number and product number, click on the blue Edit this device button.

A window opens and you have the option to edit or remove the device.  Click on the blue Remove this device line across from the Cancel button at the bottom of the window.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I just opened up the support assistant to see what you need to do, and I agree...just looking at the program window, there is no obvious way to do it.

But I found it...

You need to sign into the HPSA if you are not logged in now.

Then click on the device you want to remove, and repeat this step for each one.

On the device screen, to the right of the serial number and product number, click on the blue Edit this device button.

A window opens and you have the option to edit or remove the device.  Click on the blue Remove this device line across from the Cancel button at the bottom of the window.

HP Recommended

Yep! Your detailed response worked very well. I now have two devices showing instead of the 7. Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.