Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr1070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having an issue with my keyboard and trackpad on my envy x360 15-dr1070wm. It works in the BIOS and the System Diagnostics, but not in Windows. Originally, I had Windows 11, did a reset keeping my data, then did a clean reset from the cloud and finally rolled back to windows 10 with a USB on a formatted SSD. When I first did the fresh install, the keyboard worked fine, but as soon as I updated to 20h2 the keyboard and trackpad stopped working. I Checked device manager and made sure I had all of my keyboard drivers, proceeded to the HP Assistant to uninstall and reinstall drivers and every other troubleshooting it had to offer. I did not skip a single one and made sure to do everything the way it said, even if I had already done it before.

After a little more investigation in the device manager, I noticed Basic System Device does not have a driver. I have all of my windows updates and installed every driver available for my machine from HP's support website and the HP Assistant app with nothing left to install. I've googled the Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1911&SUBSYS_86B1103C&REV_00 with no driver to be found. I believe this may be the root of my problem. One thread suggested the device in DM was a previously plugged in device, but checking Printers and Devices in Control Panel shows "DESKTOP - *computer name*" which belongs there.

Any assistance with this, whether it be another fix for the keyboard and trackpad or the drivers for Basic System Device, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!

Device Manager.png

Hardware ID.png

Windows Update.pngUnable to update.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.