Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
09-24-2021 12:02 PM - edited 10-02-2021 04:13 AM
Product: HP ENVY x360 - 15taq000
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Please help me on my Keyboard and Touchpad issue occured after windows update No. KB5005565 and some Service Stack.
Adobe updated something as well, but that doesnt seem to link to windows issue.
There was some mishap when the bully windows automatically updated the above, and didnt do a fine job.
For some time the keyboard and touchpad were working after the update, with an issue connected to my external keyboard, and then it suddenly stopped. For some reason i cant uninstall update, it will install it again the moment i start PC. I tried that it wont install the windows update but every time it wont go back to previous status, and always update windows KB5005565.
The internal keyboard and touchpad still works in BIOS with F10, and I am writing this with an external keyboard and mouse that works on USB. So i hope its not an IC issue or so.
I wouldn't want the following solutions please, since I already tried these:
1) Device Manager uninstall and install
2) I have no system restore, so it doesn't work for me. I would love to do it, once I get a good setting point to take a system shot. why system restore is not a default thing I wonder. it was a great tool for virus and such issues. anyways...
3) all types of cmd and registery edit experiments are tried and software diagnostics as well.
4) all latest drivers are installed for keyboard and touchpad
5) there is no hardware diagnostic error as well.
6) i even physically removed my internal battery and the button cell i.e. BIOS battery as well for a couple of minutes. But still no luck when I put it back still the keyboard and touchpad are not working.
7) i did some reset in BIOS as well, no luck there too.
So there we go with an issue,
I am basically waiting for any support from HP if windows has done issue - software wise.
Or awaiting for next update from windows.
All so that I need not format my Notebook and install lot of office and freewares again.
Any ideas and help will be Great!!
1 REPLY 1
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community