Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Also will all the programs I have already installed return to the computer when I restore the recovery media?

HP Recommended

What do you mean by "restore the recovery media"?

It is just as I said. HP factory recovery is data destructive. That includes programs.

Windows reset also destroys data and deletes installed programs.

You will have to reinstall programs that you installed after the initial setup of your notebook. 

What are you using for internet protection against Viruses and Malware?  I am currently using ESET Smart Suite on my own devices.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I don't use any antivirus. I simply use Windows Defender.

Do you reccomend any free antiviruses?

HP Recommended

No.  In the opinion of most Experts, there are no free antivirus product that are truly worth using.  They are not any better than Defender. When I was actively running my PC business, I loved the freebie antivirus products. They brought me business.

That may be the reason you are having weird problems. You notebook may be infected with Malware.

From the nature of some of the questions that you ask, I suggest taking a course to get a better understanding of the nature of desktop and notebook PCs.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

OK, fair enough. I will look into buying an antivirus software.

I will also look for some courses but if you have any links, I would be very grateful if you were to send one.

Thanks for all your help and I will let you know what happens after I receive the USB drive.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to thank you very much for the help you have given me.

The factory reset did work and I would like to thank you for all the advice you gave me.

I will soon be clicking that Accept as Solution button.

Thanks very much.

Have a great day.

HP Recommended

@Ryan_Pieswrote:

Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to thank you very much for the help you have given me.

The factory reset did work and I would like to thank you for all the advice you gave me.

I will soon be clicking that Accept as Solution button.

Thanks very much.

Have a great day.

Excellent!  

🙂

I am glad that I was able to help you resolve you issue.

If you run into more HP notebook  problems, please don't hesitate to come bck and start a new thread.

HP Recommended

HP Probook 4430s , Product - B0L63PA#ACJ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.