08-14-2019 10:19 PM
I am using hp 15 r014tx laptop windows 8.1 but my keyboards are not working while doing component test keyboard is fine no issues with it but whenever i boots up it does not works.. i am not able sign in
08-17-2019 04:11 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried an external USB keyboard?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Keyboard from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Keyboard and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee