Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bs051od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon all,

I have an HP 15-bs051od laptop and after a recent update (I have no idea which one as its been many since the issue started), the keyboard works 100% at certain points. When I boot up my laptop, the caps lock doesn't function, and the other keys in the topic of this post don't work either. After using my laptop for a while, then the keys seem to "wake" themselves up. It is very frustrating. I tried updating the Bios, updating all drivers, I constantly check for Windows updates but NOTHING seems to fix this issue. I've had another laptop before from another company for over 6+ years and had NO issues whatsoever whereas I've had this one for less than a year and it has become a pain. I need help with this laptop or I am switching back to my old laptop company because this is ridiculous. As of writing this post, my trackpad has stopped working as well. It worked fine up until a few minutes ago, I have to restart the entire laptop just so it could function again. 

If anyone can provide a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@AlecPrabhu,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall the keyboard and the touchpad driver from device manager and then restart the computer and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your recommendation but I already tried that as well. I've tried everything in the book to fix this very annoying issue. When I restored it, it worked for about a day and went back to the same issue. There seems to be something wrong with the drivers that are being released for this model laptop. It was working perfectly fine up until around December 2018 and then the issues began to occur.

I strongly believe you guys have to check the drivers that are being released for glitches, I know some other persons that have HP laptops as well that have the same issue, seems to be with Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 laptops in particular. (Mine is i3). The Intel Celeron / Pentium and AMD Processor laptops seem not to have this issue.

Please advise what else could be done, May this year made it one year that I've had this laptop and it's extremely annoying to have to go through this issue every time I boot up my laptop.

HP Recommended

@AlecPrabhu,

I recommend you perform a test on the keyboard to make sure it is not a hardware issue.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a keyboard issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04499777

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already did that as well. A long time ago actually. Like I said, the keyboard works SOMETIMES and I know for a fact it's a driver issue. The driver keeps disappearing for my mouse and the keyboard driver seems to disappear as well. Thank goodness I have an external mouse or I would be completely out of luck. It's extremely ridiculous to have to deal with this every single time I boot up my laptop. I'm about to get rid of this laptop because this is hindering my progress from doing so many things.

HP Recommended

@AlecPrabhu,

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try that. After doing much research I've seemed to correct the keyboard issue (for right now). The trackpad was functioning perfectly as well up until I left my office to come home now it isn't working at all. I could see the driver via device manager but the trackpad isn't moving or showing the cursor.

I tried updating it to the driver for the 1903 build of windows but nothing. I restarted the laptop about 3 times before completely giving up for the night.

HP Recommended

@AlecPrabhu,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.