Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv2z Entertainment PC

How to get the less and greater than sign with my keyboard!  I always get the home and end function....thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello rolophine,

I understand that you want to know how to get the < and > signs.

On my keyboard I hold down the shift key and press either the (, or.).

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer! but does not work.. this is a total mystery....

These less and greater signs are on the home and end keys..... and even with shift, control alt,num lk, fn, anything I can think of it does not show....:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended
If using windows, search for "special characters."
HP Recommended

Yes thanks ! :generic:

That is what I've been doing  for a while copy pasting or the num lk alt 60, but it gets real pain when coding.....

So strange this keyboard.......

HP Recommended
You do not need special characters when coding, but instead you use operators: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/python_basic_operators.htm
HP Recommended

A list of all ISO unicodes for mathematical symbols can found here maths and technical

HP Recommended

It should be the shift key along with the dot key for greater than and shift key along with the comma. Assignment Writing Services UK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.