Hi Im having issue with my laptop keyboard, some keys are working like "a" and "l" but all the number and most of the keys wont work..
- I tried hard resseting/reformat my laptop but the problem still there
- I tried to update the keyboard drive the problem still the same
- I tried uninstalling keyboard then restarting the problem still same
-I tried updating the windows and hp drives thru hp build in softwares still the same
-I tried to use usb keyboard but I wont work its like a software is preventing me to use it, having the same problem as my laptop keyboard. like for example when I open the browser and press "w" the tab on the browser will close same goes to my usb keyboard when I tried to type on a browser.
Also the on-screen wont work its having the same issue with by keyboard, the onscreen keyboard will show up but when I tried to click any keys it wont work at all... even on tablet mode the touch keyboard wont work..
Sometimes when I start the laptop and login I have like 2-3 seconds that all the keys are working then when all the program on the background start up I lose the function to type and only left with some keys working like "a"... and the weird thing is when Im on the logging screen not all keys are working Im just able to login because when I reformatted the laptop Im only able to input the keys that are working as my password.
I believe there is a software that is causing this problem.
I understand that the keyboard keys are not working.
In that case, I would suggets you perform the keyboard test and let us know the result.
1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.
2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.
3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.
Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".