Tobitc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard won’t work

Hp Notebook 15-ay023ds
Unknown

Ok my problem is I’m trying to set up this computer and the keyboard does not work, I have tried the bios update, I have went as far as trying to hook up a external keyboard and nothing. I can hook up a mouse and the mouse works fine but no keyboard will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,382 2,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard won’t work

@Tobitc,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to check if the notebook boots to F2 or F10.

If you're able to boot the computer into the Bios screen F10, this could indicate a possible software related issue. 

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to uninstall the keyboard drivers from Device manager: 

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation