Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream windows 11
Other

So my nephew drew on my laptop with sharpie so I looked up how to get sharpie off a laptop and it said use alcohol to get it off so i did and I wiped the keys off with paper towels and after i was done i put a piece of paper on the keyboard and closed the laptop when i did that the tissue  got stuck to my laptop and 10-15 minutes later my keyboard stopped working and its been 10 months since then and only 9 out of 79 keys are working and none of the keys are keys to the password  how do i make 79 out of 79 keys work???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

A new keyboard seems like the ticket in this case. I don't know the composition of everything under the keys but if alcohol soften perhaps the rubber spring part to where they stick, the easiest fix is get a new keyboard and have a shop install it or DIY if you are inclined with the help of a service manual.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.